GoTo Goes Public on the IDX: Raises US$1.1 billion
April 11, 2022
Indonesia, April 11, 2022 /The Business Times/Business Wire/-- Formed by the merger of ride-hailing-to-payments company Gojek and e-commerce giant Tokopedia, PT GoTo Gojek Tokopedia Tbk will debut in Jakarta on Monday in the culmination of one of the world's biggest initial public offerings (IPO) so far this year.
The total amount raised from the Group’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) process is approximately USD1.1 billion (IDR15.8 trillion), comprising USD954.7 million (IDR13.7 trillion) in proceeds plus USD146.3 million (IDR2.1 trillion) from treasury shares for the purpose of over allotment, representing a market capitalization of approximately USD28 billion (IDR400.3 trillion)
GoTo Group is the market leader in Indonesia in each of its business verticals and by strengthening the synergies and network effects from within its ecosystem, the Group is well positioned for continued growth. GoTo Group has already achieved:
1. Pro forma Gross Transaction Value (GTV) of IDR414.2 trillion (USD28.8 billion) in the 12-months ended 30 September 2021
2. Pro forma Gross Revenue of IDR15.1 trillion (USD1 billion) in the 12-months ended 30 September 2021
3. Pro forma Orders of approximately 2 billion in the 12-months ended 30 September 2021
4. Over 55 million annual transacting users (ATU) on a pro forma basis, as of 30 September, 2021
5. Over 2.5 million registered driver partners, as of 30 September, 2021
6. Over 14 million registered merchants, as of 30 September, 2021
Indonesia is Southeast Asia’s largest economy, contributing a GDP of more than USD1 trillion and a population of 274 million .
Growing demand for services across GoTo Group’s ecosystem, driven by increasing digital adoption among consumers in Southeast Asia, has underpinned the Group’s strong financial performance in recent years. GoTo Group’s pro forma GTV grew at 46% CAGR between 2018 and 2020, and at 62% YoY between Q3 2020 and Q3 2021. Pro forma gross revenue grew at 56% CAGR between FY2018 and FY2020 and 55% YoY between Q3 2020 and Q3 2021.
Definition of pro-forma: The pro forma information of GTV, Orders, ATU and gross revenue provided is as if Tokopedia had been consolidated by GoTo since January 1, 2018.
Exchange rate: IDR14,350 = USD1